Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much do you charge for education?
Pricing really depends on the amount of time booked ( I can do half-day to three-day packages ) and also the number of students. Price on request, please contact me.
2. How many students/learners can be taught?
I can educate up to eight learners in a hands-on work session.
3. I work on my own, can you teach me?
Yes absolutely! One-to-one teaching is available, price on request. Please contact me.
4. Is there anything we should have organised when you come to our salon to teach?
You just need to supply the models for the demonstration and for the hands-on work session.
5. Do you have any tips for models?
The only requirement is that they are OPEN to CHANGE. This is important in the sense that for me to teach you a new technique they must be open to ideas. This doesn’t necessarily mean going from long to short. If the learner brings a model that wants a trim that is fine for a novice though perhaps not for a more advanced learner desiring to work creatively. Essentially, the better the model the more you will get out of the session. Models should also be made aware they will be required for 3-4 hours.
6. What equipment is required?
We will be working with flat brushes to allow for natural fall of hair so a denman/flat brush will suffice , along with scissors, clips and a comb (preferably fine toothed to allow for smaller precise sectioning).
7. I/we would love to book a one-day education session with you, what days of the week do you work ?
I am available seven days a week though bookings will be busier for Sunday/Monday/Tuesday. In our industry it makes financial sense as a salon owner to have seminars/education on quieter days.
8. I am a client and would love you to cut my hair, how do I go about booking with you?
I am presently working from Michael Conroy Salon, 166 Lisburn Road, Belfast BT9 6AL. Please call the salon at 02890 668 111 to make an appointment.
9. How long will my hair appointment take?
I allow one hour in which to create a tailor-made shape for you plus ten minutes consultation time. So no rush!
10. I would like to have an appointment to have my hair cut at my home, do you do home visits?
Yes that’s no problem, travel costs and time would be reflected in price. Connect with me on 07894 106 870.